Aqtushetii Residency and Magnolia Film Lab are happy to invite you to 10-day black and white film photography workshop this summer, from July 24 to August 4, taking place in the stunning mountains of Tusheti. This year’s is a fourth edition of the workshop After Mountain which is designed for both beginners and amateur photographers/artists who are interested in exploring b&w film photography in a remarkable and inspiring setting.
Magnolia Film Lab’s experienced team will guide you through the basis of film cameras, the process of shooting, the methods of film developing and the most exciting part of it all – the darkroom printing using the chemicals and the infamous red light.
The workshop offers:
* Introduction (to each other, to cameras, the basics of film photography, exposure, light, framing etc.)
* Group and individual lessons
* Shootings / Exploration / Hikes, Excursions
* The lessons on the chemistry behind the film processing, film developing & printing using the photo paper and chemicals.
* (Optional) alternative printing such as with the emulsion on fabric and different surfaces.
The total cost of the workshop is 650 Euros which covers:
Transport Tbilisi-Omalo-Tbilisi, 10-day accommodation & catering; a few film rolls, all the necessary equipment for the darkroom: paper and film chemicals, photo paper, enlarger for printing and so on.
The workshop will be concluded with an exhibition of the works created by the participants during the 10 days spent in our residency. This will be a great opportunity for them to showcase their creations and share their experience with the local public and other residents.
To sign up, send us a brief letter and a link to your photos/portfolio/website to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that the workshop is limited to a maximum of 10 participants, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible*
Application Deadline: April 20, 2023